Accessories To Elevate Your Casual Outfits
When it comes to fashion and getting dressed, sometimes it isn’t about what you have, but how you wear it. While you may have a foundation of trusted basics in your wardrobe already: A plain white tee, a cozy cardigan, or a trusted pair of jeans, there’s no harm in exploring the many ways you can elevate casual outfits.
Whether you’re heading to the office in your basic button down or running errands in a fuss-free midi dress, these accessories will help you tap into your closet’s true potential. Scroll on to see how to incorporate four of our favorite accessories into your looks.
A Statement Belt
We understand that there are days when you just don’t want to put too much thought into your outfit. On days when a simple jeans and shirt ensemble is what you feel like reaching for, trust us when we say that a statement belt will help you feel a bit more pulled together. If you decide to layer on a cardigan, this accessory will help give your foolproof combo some waist-definition.
- The Knot Belt is a great option for cinching your waist when wearing cozy knits. Styled like an obi belt, its wide design won’t get lost when layered over a thicker layer of clothing.
- We love the Sophia Genuine Leather & Cowhide Belt-Brown for a classic and more dressed up look. The animal print is a welcome addition to any plain outfit.
- Adding textures and patterns to a basic ensemble is a great way to add depth to your look. Try the Round Adjustable Belt if you find yourself in a monochromatic outfit or the Wide Square Buckle Straw Belt if you want to play around with buckle styles.
- If you really want to make a statement, a great alternative is to use a belt bag, like this Python Belt Bag. Not only is it fun to look at, it’s also a versatile piece that you can use for a truly fuss-free, off-duty look.
- If you depend on a belt to give your outfit a boost, then you might as well go bold with your color choice such as this Faux Leather Western Buckle Belt in red.
It’s no secret that gold jewelry is one of the tried and tested hacks to elevate any look. Because the goal is to amp up your casual outfits, err on the side of more is more: Layer your necklaces, go for large gold hoops, or stack up on rings. It’s all about bringing bling to a simple look.
- Oversized gold hoops are simple enough to wear on a daily basis but pack a powerful punch when worn. Wear your Scarlett Hoop Earrings with your hair up in a messy bun for a laid back but put together vibe.
- The key to layering necklaces is to choose a variety of lengths and chain styles to help elongate the neck. Depending on your style and neckline, two to three layers of a chunky chain (Elena Necklace), a dainty necklace (Initial Letter A Me Necklace Gold), and a longer piece with a statement pendant (Holly Necklace) is a good place to start.
- Similar to layering necklaces, stacking rings is all about finding a balance between texture and size. Play around with the Delicate Arrow Ring paired with the Jewelonfire 1.2 Carat T.g.w. Emerald and White Topaz 14K Gold Over Silver Ring and Domed Adjustable Brass Ring for color and design.
Don’t underestimate the power of a pair of good sunglasses. Though applicable only to daytime dressing, sunglasses can dictate the overall feel of your outfit. Whether you’re hiding tired eyes or just want to evoke a bit of mystery, let sensible glasses do the talking.
- The Chantal Glasses are a great option for days when you feel a bit cheeky. Though designed with a classic tortoise pattern, its geometric shape adds a unique character to the look.
- For a completely out of the box appeal, the Cd05 Women’s Trendy Oversize Pantone Lens Sunglasses is a great choice. Available in a variety of colors, the wavy pattern found on the sides is a statement in itself.
- Relive the groovy disco days with the Women’s Trendy Oversize Flat Top Metal Frame Sunglasses that add a retro appeal to any casual outfit.
- If you had to have one pair of sunglasses in your closet, the Abby Sunglasses is our top choice simply because a classic cat eye never goes out of style.
Eye Catching Hair Accessories
Not only are hair accessories fun and cute, they’re also very practical. Depending on the occasion, you can play around with barrettes, classic headbands, and even neck scarves to update your casual outfits and keep your mane in place.
- For dressier occasions, we prefer classic styles like the Chain Linked Headband. It’s subtle enough to be worn to more formal events but maintains a playful charm with its woven design.
- When your hair simply won’t cooperate, the Set of 4 Mixed Tortoise Hair Clips will not only keep hair in place but also bring out a pop of color to any ‘do. If you’re feeling fun, the Acetate Geometric Heart Hair Clip Set is a great alternative.
- Bohemian aesthetes will love the Tie Dye and Paisley Print Chunky Headwrap. An easy to wear option that goes well with a summer dress or a knit sweater.
- A great budget-friendly hack is to use a neck scarf as a head wrap. Opt for an abstract pattern, like the one seen on the Marilyn Scarf, so you don’t have to worry about it looking off-kilter when styled.
While there’s nothing wrong with prioritizing a pared down closet, filled only with the essentials, any opportunity to give an outfit an audience shouldn’t be missed. The next time you decide to step out, consider adding a mood-boosting accessory or two to break up the monotony of your casual wardrobe.