Finding the Right Summer Party Outfit
There are plenty of reasons to throw a party over the summer: school is out, the pool is inviting, the beach is calling, the weather is perfect for outdoor parties, and so on. Whether you’re throwing a party or attending one, you’ll need the right outfit to blend in with the theme while standing out for style.
We’ve rounded up some amazing choices for the right outfit that will be perfect for any type of summer party. Whether the bash is in backyards or at fancy beach resorts, take a look and pick your favorite.
The best place to have a summer party is by the beach, of course. The sand, the clear sky, and the warm water make the perfect backdrop for a hot party with the cool sea breeze blowing in. Wear something light, easy to remove in case you want to go swimming, and short so you can walk on the sand or dip in the water. Pick cool hues to complement the shore and the waves or go with bright tones to distinguish yourself from other guests.
- This Maya Ruffled Cotton Mini Dress - Plus is a great breezy dress that can serve as a cover-up after a swim.
- Stay comfy and casual in the Oversized Long Sleeve Shirt paired with the Blue Elasticated Belted Shorts - Plus.
- Combine a neutral color with a rich tone with the Jasmine Lace Top and the Westport Signature Shorts with Side Slit in Surf the Web color.
- Keep things light in the Roz & Ali Short Sleeve Fly Away Chiffon Top - Plus paired with the Zac and Rachel Poplin Skort in Bright White.
- Enjoy fuss-free dressing with the Sleeveless Drawstring Midi Dress - Plus with its adjustable waistband.
Backyard Bohemian BBQ Party
BBQ parties are the easiest to throw especially when you have a huge backyard. It’s ideal for families and reunions with friends. String up some lights, bring out the grill, and stock up on beer. Add some flair by adding a theme like Bohemian Nights or Wild West.
- Unleash your femininity in the Loving Mila Boho Ruffled Mini Dress that is easy to move in and packs a dreamy appeal.
- Add some romantic flair with the Simone Mini Dress with its ruffles, ribbons, ruching, and rich orange hue.
- Keep the ruffles coming with the Willow Ruffle Skirt that can be paired with a nice plain camisole top.
- Go with a relaxed vibe in this Elastic Waist Long Midi Skirt with Pockets White that can be paired with a plain top as well.
- Try the Roz & Ali Groovy Paisley Print Popover and the Westport Signature Basic Inseam Short with Cuff for a bohemian casual look.
Afternoon Tea Garden Party
For classy ladies, an alternative summer party could be an afternoon tea garden party. How lovely it would be to be surrounded by blooming flowers while sipping hot or cold tea and nibbling on biscuits or pastries under the shade of fruit trees. A classy theme calls for elegant dressing. Here are our suggestions:
- This Sweet Magnolia Cotton Wrap Midi Dress in Lilac is a perfect “in-between” dress. It can be dressed up for a more formal look or dressed down to stay casual.
- Bloom like a flower in the French Rose Tiered Ruffled Linnette Mini Dress and be the party’s centerpiece.
- Add a Victorian feel with the Puff Sleeve Gathered Front Midi Dress - Plus in Spotted Lilac.
- Opt for a blouse and pants combination with the H Halston Longsleeve Blouson Button Front Blouse in Wilderness Very Berry or Provence and the Zac and Rachel Stretch Denim Capri.
- Go for a dramatic yet still casual look with the Chiffon Floral Long Sleeve Hi Low Duster Kimono paired with the Cozy Comfy Short.
- A floral option like this V-Neck High Lo Flounce Sleeve Tier Dress never fails and the best part is that it comes in bright summer colors.
Resort Hawaiian Luau
Attending a Hawaiian Luau-themed dinner party at the resort you’re checked in to? Put on more than just a swimsuit and a cover-up. Dress up for the party in bright hues and flowy skirts. Here are some outfit ideas that will catch everyone’s eyes.
- This Fuchsia Cotton Cutout Midi Dress is a true attention-grabbing piece that will lift the mood of the party.
- Try this loose Yellow Strappy Summer Midi Dress that will be a great backdrop for colorful leis.
- Pull off an elegant look with the Women's Off-Shoulder Casual Fashion Woven Top but keep it casual with the Combo Umbrella Print Short in Orange Combo.
- Add a dramatic flair with the Sweet Carnation Ruffle Top and pair it with something colorful like the Zac and Rachel Millenium Printed Skort in Teaberry/ Blue.
- Stay simple yet chic in the Off The Shoulder Ruffle Dress - Petite.
Picnic At The Park Gathering
- Show off some skin without overdoing it in the Organic Linen Cinched Top paired with the Wide Leg Cinched Waist Linen Pants, both in Hazel. You can also spice up the outfit by color matching using the Delhi Wide Leg Linen Pants in White, Beige, or Morocco colors instead.
- Go with loose pieces like the Estelle Linen Top Plus with the Hailey Elasticated Belted Shorts - Plus in their muted tones.
- Try a sophisticated casual look with the Safari Satin Top in White and the Westport Signature Shorts with Back Elastic Waistband in Dark Wash.
- Put a colorful touch to your OOTD with the Dr2 Flowy Abstract Print Midi Skirt and the Dora Landa Smock Bottom Blouse.
- Combine femininity and masculinity with the Figueroa & Flower Lace Yoke Blouse paired with the Westport Signature Weekender Fray Hem Shorts - Plus.
Party In Style
There are so many outfits and pieces to choose from so you have no reason not to party in style. Finding the right summer party outfit is easy at Steinmart. Let us help you check out your cart.
Shop more new arrivals here.