Wardrobe Staples For Every Budget
As exciting as it is to shop for trending fashion pieces or prints, nothing beats the thrill of a high-quality closet essential. The backbone of any closet, these essentials transcend seasons and trends, making them the most versatile pieces to own and to build an entire wardrobe around no matter your style. When it comes to sartorial efficiency, outfits created on a streamlined selection of items make daily dressing infinitely easier and saves you a lot of precious time when getting ready for a day or night out.
That being said, essentials don’t need to break the bank either. Depending on your budget, we provide options to build your collection of wardrobe must-haves. Whether cleaning out your closet or starting from scratch, here’s our list of the five wardrobe essentials that will be with you for years to come.
While it may feel good to be in sweats all day, nothing beats a good pair of trusty jeans. Over the years, we’ve seen how jean styles have evolved, but recently, we’re leaning towards an easy silhouette: A relaxed, high-waist, straight-leg pair that looks as good with pumps as it does with dad sneakers.
- Perfect for an effortless yet put-together look, the Westport Signature High Waist Rise Loose Fit Skater Jean ($62.95) pairs well with a loose top for a cozy look or a fitted bodysuit for a night out.
- For a hipper style, opt for the Westport Signature 5 Pocket Straight Leg with Destruction ($57.95) pair. Depending on how you style it, you can dress it up with a blouse or pare it down with a tank top.
- Another great option is the Peck & Peck Signature 5 Pocket Straight Leg Jeans ($45.56). The jeans’ dark wash and straight cut are feminine and work great to elongate the legs.
Versatile Tank Top
In addition to being a solid base layer, today’s tanks have been updated with numerous neckline options. Depending on the occasion, everything from asymmetrical cuts to thin shoulder straps offers a breadth of styling options.
- A square neckline gives the Dora Landa Square Neck Tank Top ($60.79) a refreshing new feel. Layer this with a blazer for weekdays at the office or a denim jacket on the weekends.
- We love a classic round neck with a twist (literally). The Keep It Up Tank ($50.39) keeps things fun with a knotted hem that works perfectly with just about any bottom: Jeans, skirts, or shorts.
- The Braided Tank Top ($22.39) features a braided neckline, which is a statement in itself. Make this detail stand out by pairing it with stud earrings and classic trousers.
The Hardworking Blazer
We love a good blazer because it instantly brings an air of sophistication to any outfit. Depending on the cut and fabric you choose, a good blazer gets you from the boardroom to a weekend brunch and a night out on the town.
- We love a slouchy silhouette. The Coco Cotton Belted Blazer ($138.99) gives you the space to style it as a weekend piece or as a boardroom look. The structured shoulder and belted feature also give it a polished and put-together feel.
- The Penelope Plaid Two Tone Blazer ($109.59) has all the makings of a closet essential. Its classic fit and two-button style transcends any season and trend. Plus, plaid never really goes out of style.
- Nothing says feminine like a tweed blazer. The Shine Tweed Jacket ($109.59) looks great paired over separates or a dress and even has faux pearl accent buttons for a ladylike finish.
The Day-to-Night Midi
While there’s still value in investing in a Little Black Dress, we feel that a midi option is a more versatile piece to have in your wardrobe. Its length allows you to wear it in a number of situations: From a day out in the town or to an evening event.
- The Cherie Field Puff Sleeve Midi Dress ($156.99) is a workhorse of a dress. Its elegant oversized sleeves, low back, and oval neckline make it the perfect canvas for styling with statement earrings, a stack of necklaces, or even a twilly.
- Great for meetings or a romantic dinner date, the Farrah Midi Sheath ($80.79) is simple yet delivers a sexy, power-woman appeal. Depending on the occasion, this dress works great with a pair of pointed-toe pumps or strappy heels.
- A great everyday piece, the Scoop Neck Tiered Midi Dress ($53.59) can easily be styled with a jacket and a pair of sneakers or ballet flats.
Timeless Fine Jewelry
When well taken care of, fine jewelry becomes investment pieces that stand the test of time for generations to come. When building your collection, it’s best to start off with simple and elegant pieces, such as gold necklaces that don’t look or feel seasonal.
- The Desiree 2 Ct Dew Created Moissanite Pendant With Chain In 10K Yellow Gold ($348.76) may seem like the ultimate splurge, but it will also get the most wear in your wardrobe. A simple stone draws attention without being gaudy and looks classy all year round.
- For a more modern take on fine jewelry, the Desiree 5Mm Oval Link Necklace With Lobster Clasp 18Ky Gold Plated Silver ($91.16) is a great piece to have. Chunky links not only feel modern but are also great for daily wear.
- Pearls and gold also make for an ideal combination, as seen in the Desiree 6.5-8.5 Mm White Freshwater Cultured Pearls Necklace W/ Spring Ring Clasp 18K Gold Plated Silver ($71.16). This piece is fitting for a more elegant and feminine style and is a great statement on its own.
Pared-back but never boring, we see ourselves turning to these wardrobe essentials season after season. While we’ll still welcome irresistible seasonal and trend-forward pieces, these foundational pieces will be great accompaniments to any new item you bring to your closet.