Closet Must-Have: Prints, Patterns and Popovers
Every season we see a plethora of multi-colored prints and patterns in various clothing pieces. Checks, logos, flowers, leaves, animal prints, and so on. No matter what the design, we all love a good print and enthralling patterns to mix and match with our plain-colored clothes.
Prints or patterns add life to clothing so invest in nice ones that will enhance your outfit. We recommend an easy-to-wear popover that can be worn at any time of the day and on multiple occasions. They can also be wardrobe staples that will last for years to come.
At Steinmart, we have plenty of clothing choices with beautiful prints and patterns that you can choose from. Take a look at some of those we’ve selected for you.
Go Crazy With Prints
A print can be singular or in multiples. It can be abstract like splotches of colors, or organic like flowers or leaves. It can be hand painted, printed, stamped, embroidered, and so on. Prints are like an add-on to plain clothing to give it more visual interest.
- Check out how the delicate white patterns on this Lilac Shirred Off Shoulder Mini Dress makes it prettier.
- Pair this Printed Cold Shoulder Top With Novelty Pom Poms together with white shorts or pants.
- Wear the Strappy Short Sleeves Top With Cinched Side Tye Dye over denim for a good match.
- Take a look at the interesting print of this Dr2 Solid Ruched Short Sleeve Top.
- Prints can also be on bottoms like the Dr2 Floral Knit Midi Skirt.
- The print on this Smock Waist Puff Sleeve Emma Dress Ditsy Floral makes it suitable for spring and summer.
- Without its floral print, this JJ Sleeveless Printed Crepe De Chine Midi Dress would have just been a plain little black dress. Aren’t you glad it has colorful flowers?
- Try something new for a change with this Zac and Rachel Pattern Capri that can be matched with any color for your top.
Look For Patterns
Patterns, on the other hand, are a repetition of a certain print. What usually falls under patterns are geometric shapes like lines or stripes, circles or polka dots, rectangles or plaid, and so on. Normally, patterns cover the entire fabric. It’s always good to have a certain set of patterned clothing in your closet so you can mix and match them with your basics and staples once in a while.
- The plaid pattern of the Rocky Ella Button Down Cotton Mini Dress makes this piece timeless.
- See how the geometric pattern of this Sonya Elbow Sleeve Button Up Tiered Dress - Plus gives a playful effect.
- This Long Tube dress Geometric & Striped Maxi Dress Multi-Color - Plus could have been any plain color but its pattern has turned it into a multi-colored piece.
- The vertical pattern of this Strapless Romper With DTY Blushed Print helps create a lengthening effect.
- Try the A-line Dress With Tie Shoulder Smocked Back with its diamond-shaped pattern.
- If you want to make your legs look longer, try this Zac and Rachel Millennium Stripe Capri.
- If you want to add some volume or width to really skinny legs, this H Halston Ruched Jogger is the right pick.
- Highlight your upper body in this Striped Marilyn Top.
- Choose a Caftan that will make you look taller and not just wider like this Polyester Tribal Pattern Maxi Caftan Dress - Plus.
Try Our Popovers
A popover has the classic touch of a button-down blouse but it’s easier to wear as you wear it over your head like a shirt. They also come in different forms either with sleeves, both long and short, or sleeveless. The length can vary as well. They can be worn for casual occasions or for business attire. They can easily be paired with shorts, skirts, or pants. Popovers are very versatile.
- Try this beautiful blue and red patterned Roz & Ali Medallion Popover.
- Add even more of a feminine touch with ribbons like this Cocomo Medallion Tie Sleeve Popover.
- Go for one with lining on the hems like this Zac & Rachel V-Neck Popover Blouse or the Zac & Rachel Popover Blouse with Velvet Trim.
- The Peck & Peck 3/4 Sleeve Roll Tab Popover has a classic pattern that you’ll be able to wear this blouse for years.
- This NY Collection 3/4 Bell Sleeve Pleat Front Y Neck has a looser fit that brings more comfort and ease.
- Choose a popover with an abstract pattern in relaxing colors like this Roz & Ali Brush Strokes Popover .
- This Zac And Rachel Popover Long Sleeves Blouse has a paisley pattern that is always in style.
- Wear your heart on your sleeve literally with the Cocomo Red Heart Print Pintuck Popover.
- If you like layers, this Roz & Ali Short Flutter Sleeve Layered Popover - Plus top is for your. It has a whimsical feel to it that will make you giddy.
Don’t Be Afraid To Be Less Simple
Sticking to plain colors and clothes is playing it safe. Don’t be afraid to bring some excitement into your life and into your wardrobe through prints and patterns. Once in a while, wear a colorful popover that will instantly brighten up your appearance.
Shop more printed pieces and popovers here.